WhatsApp is Coming with Video Calling Feature Soon
WhatsApp has 1 Billion monthly active users and that is a huge number. The app users were waiting for the video call feature since long and they may finally receive what they have been anticipating for the app to support the video calls.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging clients globally bought by Facebook mastermind Mark Zuckerberg for $19 billion.
The WhatsApp video calling feature isn’t in the main build yet, but it has finally shown up in the beta version as an actual working feature. Previously, the options existed but couldn’t actually be used, which was extra frustrating.
How to make WhatsApp video calls
Making a video call is just like making an audio call: open a chat with the person you want to contact and then select the Video Call option. The other person, for now, will also need the beta version of the app installed, else you’ll just get an error message.
In order to send video to somebody in WhatsApp, you use the same procedure you’d use to send a photo, an audio clip, your location or somebody’s contact details.
- Open a chat with the person you want to send the video.
- Tap the attachment button at the top of the screen (it’s the one that looks like a paper-clip)
- And then tap on the kind of thing you want to send, so, in this case, you’d tap video.
- You can add a caption if you like, and then you can send the clip by tapping on the send button in the preview.
You can also forward a video sent to you by somebody else. To do that…
- Tap and hold on the message(s) you’d like to forward.
- Tap the forward arrow icon, and choose a conversation to forward the message to.
Don’t worry about data use here: while the forwarded message(s) will appear to have come from you, you don’t have to upload the message or messages again. WhatsApp takes care of that.
There is no official word from the WhatsApp has been issued yet regarding this feature and there’s still no definite timeframe for when all Android devices will be receiving the future.
For trying WhatsApp Video Calling feature, then download the Beta APK file from this link.
That’s all from this post.
Keep Sharing and visiting for more tech updates. 🙂