Google Play updates its Guidelines
Google Play, one of the biggest warehouse of plenty of Android apps. Many users believe that apps downloaded from Google Play are of high quality and are free from worms and malicious scripts, which is true for most of the cases, but its not always be your good luck.
For maintaining the user’s privacy and security, Google Play has to reinforce very strict policies and guidelines for the app developers. But just like all things, it comes at a price. The price of taking down otherwise good apps of those developers who forget to follow a few guidelines.
Most often, users get irritated to see our favourite app being pulled down by Google Play, but many a times this happens due to misunderstanding of the rules or related policies.
Why would anyone creating a very useful and clean app not follow the instructions completely! This doesn’t make sense. Right? What if the developer couldn’t understand a few instructions properly and hence made some mistakes?
Therefore, Google doesn’t want to let that happen and has hence updated the Developer Program Policy Center with new set of guidelines. There are separate instructions for various categories and their sub-categories. The most interesting part is that these instructions are organised according to various themes.
The updated guidelines are as following:
- Restricted Content– This part covers all aspect related to content including sexually explicit content, hate speech, gambling, illegal activities, violence, child endangerment, bullying and harassment, etc.
- Intellectual Property, Deception, and Spam– These guidelines would take care of issues related to intellectual properties, impersonation, deceptive behavior, and spam.
- Privacy and Security– These set of guidelines would help you find the answers to questions related to the safety of your app. It covers aspects like user data, device and network abuse, and malicious behaviour.
- Monetization and Ads– These guidelines help you find out if your app’s business practices support a healthy ecosystem or not. This covers all parameters related to payments, subscriptions and cancellations, and Ads.
- Store Listing and Promotion– These are one of the most important guidelines that all new app developers must adhere to. Please ensure that your app doesn’t use unfair means and tactics for attracting new users. You must also follow all the rules related to app promotion, metadata, ratings, reviews, and more.
- Enforcement– These guidelines cover the enforcement part of things including policy coverage, enforcement process, managing and reporting policy violations.
- Updates and Other Resources– This section includes new updates and changes to the Developer Program Policies. It also includes resources and additional requirements for special programs.
The apps which follow these guidelines completely then the chances of them getting taken down are very few. These policies would also be of great help to first-time app developers who would otherwise get too confused to design apps for Google Play.
Keep visiting here for more techie stuffs 🙂
Thank you for your patience 🙂