Make your system multi-booting
Here, this article demonstrates the installation of different windows operating system only to make system multi-booting.
Important: For multi-booting in windows, the installation must be done in order to increase the versions of operating system. The first operating system must be older one and then the second one is the more recent operating system to be installed. For example, if the installed operating system is windows 7 and you are installing windows XP on it, then you can render your system inoperable because older versions of windows don’t recognize the start-up files used in more recent versions of windows and can overwrite them.
So, before moving further to install windows, be sure to disable all the firewalls and antivirus software and back up your important files to an external storage like hard disk, CD, DVD, USB flash drive, etc. After doing all the preparation, just follow the simple steps to make your system multi-booting.
Steps to be followed:
- Power on your system to normally boot the current version of windows.
- After this, Run the most recent version of windows set up file (setup.exe) you are having in your system whether you have downloaded file, or having installation disc, or in flash drive.
- Next, click on Install now present in Install Windows
- If you want to get updates of this recent version, click on Get important updates for installation This page will only appear if your system is connected to the internet. This is recommended that you should do this to get latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats.
- Now Read the license terms and click on I accept the licence terms.
- Now it will ask Which type of installation do you want? then click on Custom.
- Next it will ask Where do you want to install Windows? Here select the partition or drive where you want to install the more recent operating system. Select the partition other than the partition having older version of Windows.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- And you are done. Enjoy..!
Thank you for your patience.