How to Stop Facebook from Using Your WhatsApp Data?
If you’re not a Facebook user, you can keep using WhatsApp without a Facebook account.
You can easily opt out, right when the prompt goes up, or within 30 days of accepting the new terms, here’s how.
Both the method are available for Android and iOS apps.”
Here are the two methods:
- Launch WhatsApp and you’ll see the updated terms. Tap Read to continue.
- Scroll the text until you see a check-box at the bottom of the screen. If you do not want your WhatsApp account information shared with Facebook, untick the box.
3. Tap Agree.
If you have already accepted the new terms, you will have an additional 30 days to opt out of data sharing by following these simple steps:
- Launch WhatsApp and tap the Settings tab.
- Now tap Account.
3. Untick the box labeled “Share my account info” or toggle the control.
When you opt out, the Facebook family of companies will still receive and use this information for other purposes. And what other purposes might these be? According to the official support document, your WhatsApp information is still being used to:
- Improve infrastructure and delivery systems.
- Understand how these services are being used.
- Secure systems and fight spam, abuse or infringement activities.
What if I agree to data sharing?
If you agree to data sharing, things like the mobile phone number you registered with WhatsApp and the last time you used the service will be used by Facebook to improve friend suggestions and make ads more relevant to you.
“Nothing you share on WhatsApp, including your messages, photos, and account information, will be shared onto Facebook or any of the Facebook family of apps for others to see,” ensures the firm.
Additional details about WhatsApp-Facebook data sharing can be found in this support document.
Keep visiting and sharing here for more tech updates 🙂